Tuesday, June 10, 2014

New York City

Since I live on a farm, most of my pictures are farm related or at least some what country themed. One of the obstacles I faced during this project was not putting aside enough time to actually go somewhere else, say downtown Winnipeg, to try and take pictures of something other then cows and open fields. This is why going to New York City with my school was a very fun and new experience for me.

Taking pictures in NYC is so much different then in the country. I wasn't used to all the tall buildings, all the traffic, and the amount of people. So it was definitely a challenge for me, but I think I ended up taking some well executed pictures. 

Everywhere I walked was such a good picture opportunity. I kept my camera hung around my neck 99% of the entire time I was there. There was so much detail in the buildings, so much colour on the streets, and so many unique people, it was just impossible to capture everything I saw. 

Since I didn't have much experience taking pictures of tall buildings, that was definitely a huge challenge for me. It's just such an awkward shot shooting from way down below, because all you see in the picture is this towering structure above you. Taking pictures of the skyline was something I enjoyed a lot better, and it still showcased the height and detail of NYC, rather than taking pictures from down below.

No comments:

Post a Comment